Summary of the main functions of the Information Commissioner.
The main functions of the Information Commissioner can be summarised as :
- the review (on application) of the decisions of public bodies in relation to FOI requests and where necessary, the making of binding, new decisions;
- the review of the operation of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 to ensure that public bodies comply with their provisions;
- the fostering an attitude of openness among public bodies by the encouragement of the voluntary publication of information above and beyond the minimum requirements of the Acts;
- the preparation and publication of commentaries on the practical operation of the Acts; and
- the publication of an Annual Report
Click here for a link to the Information Commissioner’s website