The following charges apply in relation to requests for records made under the FOI Act:
If your request is for a record containing non-personal information, an application fee of €15 (€10 if you are a medical card holder) must accompany your request. There is no application fee if your request is for personal information.
Search and Retrieval and Copying Fees
Fees also apply in respect of the time spent searching and retrieving records that are released to you on foot of you request and in respect of the copying of any records released. Such fees are unlikely to arise if your request is for personal information. The rates of these fees are as follows:
- €20.95 per hour of search and retrieval
- €0.04 per sheet for a photocopy
- €0.51 for a three and a half inch computer diskette containing copy documents
- €10.16 for a CD-ROM containing copy documents
- €6.35 for a radiograph (X-ray) containing copy documents
A deposit is payable where the estimated cost of search and retrieval of records sought is estimated to exceed €50.79. In such a case, every effort must be made to assist the requester to amend the request so as to reduce or eliminate the amount of the deposit.
Reductions and Waivers
- A fee in respect of search and retrieval and copying of records will be waived where the cost of collecting and accounting for the fee would exceed the amount of the fee itself (a guideline of less than €10 is used in this respect);
- A fee in respect of search and retrieval and copying of records or a deposit may be reduced or waived where the information in the record would be of particular assistance to the understanding of an issue of national importance.
- A charge applies to most internal and independent reviews ( ) concerning access to non-personal records. There is a reduction for medical card holders. These will be notified to you at the appropriate time by the relevant public body.