Members Area | Contact us

Can I look for records through the FOI Central Policy Unit (CPU)?

It is not possible to seek records held by other FOI Bodies through Freedom of Information Central Policy Unit (CPU) in the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform . If you want to access records held by a public body you must apply directly to that public body.

For example, if you want records about a policy matter at the Department of the Environment, Community & Local Government, you must apply to that Department or if you want records about your tax affairs, you must apply to the Revenue Commissioners.